Summer Scheme Staff
Role: Summer Scheme Staff
Contract: Seasonal (1st July – 31st August, must also be available for training provided late June)
Located: Let’s Go Hydro, Belfast International Watersports Resort, Knockbracken Reservoir, Mealough Road.
Hours of Work: Flexible work patterns available – up to 40-hours per week, including day and overnight shifts
These positions will be responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and efficient working area and vigilant supervision of all participants enrolled in the scheme. You will be responsible for group activities, teaching and development and instilling confidence in all new and returning Summer Schemers. It is an extremely fun fast paced position that takes a lot of concentration!
This position is a fantastic opportunity for individuals who enjoy working outdoors, overseeing children aged 7 plus in a range of activities.
· Lead a group in all activities throughout the day including Watersports (knee/paddle boarding, canoe/kayaking, aquapark course)
· Greet parents and children daily and check them into their groups
· Deliver and engage in the programme on site, both water and land based activities
· Supervise a group of children on the Summer Scheme Sleepover night (Thursday evenings)
· Attend any training and orientation for the role
· Administration/cash handling when delegated
· Ensure compliance and support team
· Enforce the policy, procedures and rules of the park/ scheme
· Continually check for potential hazards/ risks
· Maintain a safe work area
· Must be aged 18 or over
· Play work setting includes: Youth club, sports club youth/junior sections, church-based youth activities etc.
· Experience of working with children aged 7 – 16 years in a play setting eg: Supporting team in delivering a range of stimulating play activities (Watersports (knee/ paddle boarding, canoe/ kayaking, arts/crafts, small games, group games etc)
· Ensuring play program is inclusive and meets diverse needs
· Interacting with children and managing their behaviour, in a positive and supportive manner
· Able to take responsibility, multi-task and be a team player
· Experience of delivering and assisting with sports-based events
· Motivated with a fun and positive attitude with good people skills, enabling good working relationships with
those in your team
· Have a flexible customer focused approach with experience in delivering high standards of customer service
· Show up for each shift, clean, in uniform and ready to work
· Eligible to work in the UK
· Flexibility to work various shift patterns
· Ensuring safeguarding standards and appropriate reporting mechanisms are applied
· Cash handling and administrative experience
· Right to work in the UK documentation
· Recognised coaching qualifications
· Previous experience or a leisure background including an understanding of leisure services and sport development, coordinating water sports / other sports / activities
What we are offering:
· Staff training and development
· Great culture with staff fun days
· Staff Uniform and all safety equipment provided
· Free car parking on site
· Staff discount on activities including staff cable sessions (off-peak times only)
· Opportunities to progress within the company
To Apply: Please click on the link below for the application form and complete in full:
Please note, the application form must be completed in full and submitted before the closing date.
Attend our recruitment open day – interviews will be held on the day!
Lakeside Lounge at Let’s Go Hydro, Wednesday 21st February 15:00 – 19:00
Contact [email protected] for further details
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS)
Please note a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.
The following are available upon request;
- Policy for the Recruitment of Ex-offenders
- Policy for the Secure Handling, Use, Storage and Retention of Disclosure Information
- AccessNI Code of Practice