Lifeguard – Seasonal
Role: Lifeguard / safety officers
Hours of work:
We can offer you either a 4 / 6 / 8 or 10 week contract, working 10 / 20 or 40 hours per week
Please include in your cover letter/CV/email what contract you would like to work and this can be discussed in more detail at interview.
Salary: Earn from £7.50 – 10.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Successful candidates will supervise the security and safety of the public ensuring their enjoyment in all areas of the aqua park, minimising the risk of any health and safety issues and respond to emergencies and administer first aid.
They will assist the Head Lifeguards and Aqua Park Supervisors in preparing activities on the park in a professional manner, ensure a high quality of service is provided to all guests. Successful applicants will also be required to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene of their working area at all times.
- Interact with the public, welcoming all customers, promoting a positive image of the resort and demonstrating a high level of customer service.
- Maintain a vigilant watch of all water areas and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all customers and staff
- Patrol all areas of the facility and ensure that all areas are being used in the correct manner
- You will be required to act quickly and efficiently in any emergency situation, and at times this may involve administering First-Aid, and the filling out of Accident Report Forms and Witness Statements
- Assist in the preparation and operation of events and activities, including the assembly and dismantling of equipment and minor repairs when required
- Ensure that a consistently high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the facilities at all times
- Ensure lost property is handled and recorded in line with procedures
- Maintaining the sports activity, activity areas and stores in a clean, safe and tidy manner
- Assist with the supervision and control of children’s activities including parties, summer schemes and courses
- Attend regular Lifeguard training sessions to ensure ongoing personal development
- Assist in the opening and closing of the facilities when required and assist in monitoring the security of the premises at all times
- Carry out regular checks of the changing facilities, paying particular attention to customer safety, facility operation, security, cleanliness and hygiene
- Perform inspections of safety equipment including rescue aids and alarms in accordance with the operating procedures
- To ensure that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use
- Comply with the resorts Health and Safety procedures at all times, maintaining records and reports
- To report any accidents, potential risks etc to management, complete risk assessments on water areas and activities
- Lifeguard qualified with 1-2 years’ experience in a lifeguard role
- First Aid and CPR qualification
- Excellent communication skills, customer interaction levels are high in ths role, as well as communication with other activity staff members (Head Lifeguards, Lifesavers, Paddle Sport Staff, Cable Operators, Wetsuit Handlers etc.)
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedure,
- Flexible to work varied shifts, including day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Health and Safety training
- Previous experience with advanced water sports/ activities
All Lifeguards will be required to complete the Aquatic Safety Qualification before being able to work on the Aqua Park or at any of our water-based activities, unless their current qualification covers them (e.g., OWL for Open Water Swim). The practical training and assessment aspects of the Aquatic Safety Qualification will be completed on site, the theory aspect will be completed online and includes video calls and theory assessments.
A hardworking, flexible attitude is required with a potential to develop further. Training for the role can be provided, however excellent people skills and customer service experience is essential, and you must be enthusiastic and passionate about working outdoors
- Staff incentives and referral schemes
- Staff transport to and from city centre location
- Staff accommodation at a reduced rate (depending on availability)
- Great training AND development opportunities
- Staff discount on activities including staff cable sessions (off-peak times only)
- Great culture with staff fun days
- Free car parking
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria to email@example.com
** Please include in your cover letter the position that you are applying for and your availability – how soon can you start, and what days/hours can you work per week **
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS)
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview and must be able to commit to working the full season.