Duty Manager, Operational, Multi-purpose role
Role: Duty Manager, Operational, Multi-purpose role
Contract: Fixed Term Contract, Seasonal, October – December 2023
Located: Let’s Go Hydro, Belfast International Watersports Resort, 1 Mealough Road, Carryduff.
Hours of Work: Varied rota, to include day, evening and weekend shifts, to meet operational need
Rate of Pay: £14 per hour
What we are offering:
- Staff training and development
- Great culture with staff fun days
- Staff Uniform and all safety equipment provided
- Free car parking on site
- Staff discount on activities including staff cable sessions (off-peak times only)
- Opportunities to progress within the company
The Resort is extremely high paced through the peak season and requires effective management and attention to detail. The successful candidate will join the busy events team to assist in the events and resort over the winter period. This will include assisting in all departments operational over the Autumn/Winter season, including the Halloween and Christmas Events, Accommodation & Spa, and also support with staff management and opening and closing procedures.
The Operational Duty Manager will have strong experience in people management, operations, health and safety, policies and procedures. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader who has excellent customer service and a keen eye for detail. You will have previous experience in the leisure or hospitality industry, with a proven track record of managing and motivating staff. The hours will be based on a weekly rota, which will include working evenings and weekends.
- Cooperating with the management team and assisting with anything from event planning to staff management,
- Operational responsibilities for events, including health and safety on site,
- Delegating tasks, assigning duties to team members and creating work schedules,
- Supervising staff and monitoring direct labour costs,
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are followed,
- Introduce policies and procedures that are necessary and ensure staff are trained,
- Improve customer experience, delivering exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment, with great attention to detail,
- Take a pro-active approach to the customer journey with a focus on look and feel, wait times and customer needs, always maintain exceptional standards,
- Actively lead a team to maximise revenue through various channels,
- Ensure staff follows daily cleaning schedules & comply our opening and end of day/closing procedures,
- Promote a culture of safety and compliance of the whole team and customers,
- Ensuring security procedures are being followed,
- Display good leadership and time-management,
- Liaising with other Hydro departments regarding upcoming events, strategies, and future plans
This list is not exhaustive and will evolve and change depending on business needs
To be considered for this position applicants MUST be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a team in a leisure, hospitality or outdoor activities environment
- Highly motivated, influential and a self-starter
- Able to take responsibility, multi-task and be a team player
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the public
- Target driven; customer focused with excellent leadership skills
- Strong project and time-management skills
- Experience in training and development and performance management of staff
- Previous experience in reporting into senior management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with management and staff
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and solve problems and emergencies as they arise
- You must be enthusiastic and passionate about working outdoors
This is a hands-on role, and although there will be some administration tasks a hardworking, flexible attitude is required. A hardworking, flexible attitude is required with a potential to develop further. Excellent people skills and experience working with families & young people is essential and you must be enthusiastic and passionate about your role and working outdoors.
How to apply:
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate their experience of working at a similar level in a fast-paced hospitality / tourism environment.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria to [email protected]
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS)