Canoe Polo Coach
We are recruiting an enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate canoe polo coach to coach school children and young adults to compete in upcoming events and championships in canoeing and kayaking.
Role: Canoe Polo Coach
Location: Various sites, so must have a full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle
Hours of Work: variable rota, including evening and weekends
Rate of pay: £15 per hour
Water sports and canoe polo is growing in popularity in Northern Ireland and Belfast Kayak Academy and our aim is to train and coach our members to take part in Junior International Championships, and upcoming events hosted at Let’s Go Hydro.
- Coach and train our members to be able to compete against the best in the world, training all year round to take part in a world cup or world championship events.
- Communicate effectively with staff, parents, students, increasing the uptake of the programme through effective working relationships with schools and clubs.
- This role will involve working across various sites, as well as being responsible for transporting equipment to necessary venues.
- Work with the Sports Development Officer, in managing the kayak / canoeing programme – managing and coordinating activities and coaching sessions
- Responsible for groups of all ages and abilities, ensuring that they have a brilliant time and learn new skills, all while maintaining a safe environment to do so.
- Communicate with staff, parents and students, increasing the uptake of the programme
- Carry out any related administrative tasks related to the position
- Responsible for ensuring accidents / incidents are dealt with efficiently and promptly while accurately recording details. Relating all details of incidents to Line Manager when necessary.
- Assist with the safe handling, and storage of equipment required for the activity / class, ensuring appropriate health and safety measures are adhered to
- Report any defects or damage to equipment or building to appropriate personnel in order to ensure problems are dealt with and do not pose a risk to other employees and/or customers.
- When required, and following adequate training, assist with the safe handling, and storage of equipment required for the activity / class.
- Canoe Polo / Kayaking qualifications
- University Degree in Sports Science or similar
- Training/coaching experience at a high level, experience and ability to train and coach players to compete at world cup events/championships
- Excellent communication skills, able to lead and take responsibility as well as being a team player
- Excellent people skills and experience working with young people is essential and you must be enthusiastic and passionate about working outdoors
- Excellent time management, organisational, administrative and project management skills
- A hardworking, flexible attitude is required.
- A passion for the development of good club structures and a commitment to the growth of our sport through our club network
- The successful candidate must have a clean full driving license and access to a vehicle
- Recognised coaching qualifications
- First Aid qualifications
- Experience competing in canoe polo/kayaking competitions at a national and international level
Apply by forwarding your CV via the link below.
Looking forward to hearing from you!