We are currently seeking experienced Accommodation Supervisor to join the busy team at Let’s Go Hydro!
Role: Accommodation Supervisor
Located: Let’s Go Hydro – Knockbracken Watersports & Activity Resort, Mealough Road
Contract: Seasonal Fixed Term Contract (April – September, with the potential to be extended depending on operational need). Initially part time (low season), increasing to full time (peak season) work up to 40 hours per week, Monday – Sunday
Hours of work: The hours will be based on a weekly rota, which will include working day, evening and weekend shifts, with additional hours during the busy season and also during key events.
We are looking for an experienced outdoor accommodation resort supervisor who enjoys working outdoors. If successful, you will support the Manager in the smooth running of our accommodation units at the resort as well supporting the team of accommodation assistants during peak seasons.
The accommodation includes a wide range of units ranging from glamping pods and a woodland lodge to quirky Safari Tents and Forest Domes. Units either have shared facilities or are fully self-catering.
Hours will be varied and will include working day, evening and weekend shifts (1100 – 2000 / 0800 – 1600 / 0900 – 1700). This may mean some night duty shifts, as part of a rota with the wider accommodation team (during the busy season and during key events).
Your days will be varied, managing the reception duties (check in / check out procedures), maintaining the units, dealing with guest queries, as well as preparing accommodation units for arrival (hot tubs, fire pits and welcome baskets).
- Deliver excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, paying great attention to detail, including the wait time for the customer journey
- Manage the Hydro accommodation booking system accurately and efficiently, including identifying the business peaks and troughs, working alongside the other departments to communicate details and information needed to ensure smooth running of all aspects of operations
- Assist Manager with any staffing administration tasks
- Comply with the opening and end of day procedures
- First point of contact for all accommodation guests, must be professional and be able to answers any questions or queries guests may have
- Inspect each pod/accommodation and toilet/shower blocks before check-in opens at 3pm with particular attention needed to both hygiene and presentation
- Top up accommodation with any consumables, welcome pack etc
- Update welcome pack in any new information and distribute accordingly
- Work closely with cleaners and maintenance staff to fix any problems that arise quickly and effectively
- Assist in cleaning pods/accommodation and toilet/shower blocks
- Promote a culture of safety and compliance with colleagues and customers
- Assist in recruitment and training seasonal staff based on operational needs during peak season
- Supervise, coach and lead staff, carrying out training & development, maintaining a professional and positive attitude at all times
This is not an exhaustive and responsibilities will evolve and change depending on business needs
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally with hotel housekeeping experience and supervisory experience
- Excellent customer services skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build rapport and trust
- Excellent people skills with coaching and leadership experience
- Experience planning staff rotas
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent timekeeping, with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
- Experience of using Microsoft packages
- Online booking system experience is desirable
- Committed, motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic with an approachable attitude towards work
- Right to Work in the UK (UK Citizens – Passport or Birth Certificate & NI / All other Citizens – Copy of Sharecode Document)
- Full clean driving licence, and access to a vehicle
- Flexibility to work days, evenings and weekends
- Must have NO more than one week’s holiday booked through our peak season July & August
This is a hands-on role, and although there will be some administration tasks a hardworking, flexible attitude is required. Excellent people skills and experience working with families & young people is essential and you must be enthusiastic and passionate about your role and working outdoors.
What we are offering:
- Staff training and development
- Great culture with staff fun days
- Staff Uniform and all safety equipment provided
- Free car parking on site
- Staff discount on activities including staff cable sessions (off-peak times only)
- Opportunities to progress within the company
How to apply:
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate their experience of working at a similar level in a fast-paced hospitality / tourism environment
To apply, please send your CV detailing how you meet the criteria to [email protected]
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS)