Lifesaver – (Seasonal Role)
Role: Lifesaver (seasonal)
Responsible to: Head Lifeguard and Aqua Park & Activities Manager
Located: Let’s Go Hydro, Cable Park, Belfast International Watersports Resort, Knockbracken Reservoir, Mealough Road.
Hours of Work:
We can offer you either a 4 / 6 / 8 or 10 week contract, working 10 / 20 or 40 hours per week
Please include in your cover letter/CV/email what contract you would like to work and this can be discussed in more detail at interview.
Salary: Earn from £7.50 – 9.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
We are looking for responsible individuals to act as Lifesavers. Successful candidates will supervise the security and safety of the public ensuring their enjoyment in all areas of the Aqua Park, minimising the risk of any health and safety issues and respond to emergencies and administer first aid. They will assist the Head Lifeguards, Lifeguards and activity supervisors in preparing activities on the park in a professional manner, ensure a high quality of service is provided to all guests.
- o interact with the public responsibly and welcome all users of the facilities promoting a positive image of the resort and demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- To maintain a vigilant watch of all water areas in accordance with the operating procedures and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all users and staff.
- To check the safety of equipment in areas of responsibility and report any damage or malfunction of equipment, to the Manager immediately after discovery.
- To assist in the preparation and operation of events and activities, including the assembly and dismantling of equipment and minor repairs when required.
- To ensure that a consistently high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the facilities at all times.
- To ensure that lost property is handled and recorded in line with procedures.
- To patrol all areas of the facility and ensure that all areas are being used in the correct manner, making suitable adjustments as necessary.
- To assist the Manager in maintaining sports activity, activity areas and stores in a clean, safe and tidy manner.
- To assist in the opening and closing of the facilities when required and assist in monitoring the security of the premises at all times.
- Assist with the supervision and control of children’s activities including parties, summer schemes and courses.
- Perform inspection of safety equipment including rescue aids and alarms in accordance with the operating procedures.
- Carry out regular checks of the changing facilities, paying particular attention to customer safety, facility operation, security, cleanliness and hygiene.
- To comply with the resorts Health and Safety procedures at all times, maintaining records and reports.
- To report any matter of concern to the Manager immediately.
- To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment.
- To ensure that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
- To report any accidents, potential risks etc to management.
- Complete risk assessments on water areas and activities.
- To undertake any suggested training requirements.
- To attend staff meetings as required.
- To comply with the Emergency Action Plan for the facilities and assist with any such incidents in the appropriate manner.
- First Aid and CPR qualification,
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with the public,
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations,
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork,
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures,
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions,
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures,
- Flexible to work varied shifts, including day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Health and Safety training.
- Previous experience with advanced water sports/ activities
- Staff incentives and referral schemes
- Staff transport to and from city centre location
- Staff accommodation at a reduced rate (depending on availability)
- Great training AND development opportunities
- Staff discount on activities including staff cable sessions (off-peak times only)
- Great culture with staff fun days
- Free car parking
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Please include in your cover letter the position that you are applying for and your availability – how soon can you start, and what days/hours can you work per week **
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS)
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview and must be able to commit to working the full season.